Premier Wayne Panton Unveils Reopening Plan
The anticipated return of tourism in the Cayman Islands is set to commence this fall based on the Chief Medical Officer’s assessment of prevalence rates in main Cayman Islands travel markets, local vaccination rate, the prevalence of variants of concern, and local levels of hospitalization.
In the newly announced five-stage plan, the fourth stage, set for October 14th, will have the most impact on tourism in the Cayman Islands. In stage four, travelers will be welcomed back without the requirement of quarantine if they are verified to be fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated travelers will still need to quarantine for 14 days, and unverified vaccinated travelers will need to quarantine for ten days.
The transition between phases will be determined by the Cayman Islands Government and the Chief Medical Officer.
For more information about the five-stage plan, please visit www.exploregov.ky/reopening-plan
Whether you’re traveling to Grand Cayman for a sun-filled family getaway or for a romantic escape, we know you’re looking for relaxation and solitude from the outside world. We’re introducing new ways to encourage our guests to maintain social distancing while providing a relaxing experience, complete with sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea and expansive Seven Mile Beach to enjoy.
The well-being of our guests has always been of the utmost importance for Aqua Bay Club, and under the guidance of government health agencies, we have undertaken the following efforts to ensure that future stays with us will be as relaxing and worry-free as always. We invite you to learn more about the many measures we have taken below.
Your experience at Aqua Bay Club will be a harmonious blend of luxury, privacy and wide open spaces. You will enjoy the personal touch that has earned the resort the prestigious TripAdvisor 2020 Travellers’ Choice Award. Private entrances and balconies over the Caribbean bring seclusion. Fully-equipped kitchens bring family and friends together.
With 21 spacious condos, there’s plenty of room to enjoy your stay without concern about crowds. You can relax in confidence, soaking up the Caribbean sun and enjoying the azure waters on the most private stretch of Seven Mile Beach, voted 2020 ‘one of the best beaches in the world’ by TripAdvisor.
Beyond the whites sands of Aqua Bay Club, renowned Cemetery Reef is just steps away, providing hours of colorful exploration.
- Guests will be required to wear facemasks when entering the front desk office. Facemasks are not required when in the pool area or on the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
- The fitness center is temporarily closed.
- We ask that all parties observe social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other in all areas of the property.
During our check-in process, guests receive exclusive service with a maximum occupancy of one (1) guest in the front desk office at any time. We have taken precautions to maintain social distancing and low-contact protocol to create a seamless and comfortable experience. All you have to do is look forward to beginning your vacation at Aqua Bay Club Condos.
- Only one (1) guest is permitted in the front desk office at any given time.
- Masks are mandatory at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the office.
- All touch points in reception area are frequently sanitized.
Housekeeping & Sanitization
We are meeting and exceeding national guidelines with our housekeeping measures to ensure our accommodations are scrupulously cleaned and sanitized for your peace of mind. Our dedicated housekeeping team has always taken great pride in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness at Aqua Bay Club.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping during their stay, linen service only or daily housekeeping while the guest is outside of the condo.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-in.
- All housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and aprons.
- We continue to use COVID-19 approved cleaning products in all rooms.
- All glassware, flatware, and appliances in guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized, including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Towels and linens are washed with hospital-grade detergents at high temperature.
Our Pool and Beach
No trip to Grand Cayman would be complete without lounging poolside or soaking up the Caribbean sun on a brilliant white-sand beach. Friendly staff will closely monitor your beachfront experience so that you can let the gentle sea breeze wash your worries away.
- Lounge furniture and umbrellas are rearranged so that social distancing is possible
Checking out of Aqua Bay Club is seamless and touchless. From our family to yours, we look forward to seeing you next time!
- Room keys are deposited in a secure drop box located outside of the office. They are then thoroughly sanitized prior their next use.
- Room receipts are emailed to guests so that check-out is contactless.
We care deeply about the safety of not only our loyal guests, but of our dedicated employees and community at large. Our Aqua Bay Club family has gone through extensive training to keep themselves and our guests comfortable.
- We are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials, which we relay to all employees.
- Staff are provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including high quality non-surgical masks.
- Staying home if sick is mandatory, and staff will need to submit to a COVID-19 test before returning to work.
Working Together And Doing Our PartWe recommend that guests and staff observe the preventative best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, after coughing, and after sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
*Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.