The Cayman Islands are Open for International Travel
Under the current Phase IV guidelines, securely verifiable fully-vaccinated travellers are able to travel with no quarantine requirement. Travelers are however required to receive rapid tests on days 2, 5, and 10 of their stay.
Please read on to learn more about the current entry requirements, LFT rapid test requirements, and more.
For more information on the Cayman Islands Reopening Plan please visit: www.exploregov.ky/reopening-plan
Apply to Visit at the Travel Cayman Portal – It’s Easy
Persons wishing to travel to the Cayman Islands will need to apply via the Travel Cayman portal. Start your application here.
- The Travel Cayman portal enables travellers to specify if they have been vaccinated, whereby provisional approval can be granted.
- All traveller applicants will be emailed three days before departure to confirm whether they have approval to travel.
Quarantine Lifted for Fully Vaccinated Travellers
There are no quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers aged 12 and over that have a securely verifiable vaccine document
- Travellers who are fully vaccinated but do not have a securely verifiable vaccination document will be required to undergo a 10-day quarantine period with a day 11 exit PCR test.
COVID-19 Testing During Your Stay
Incoming vaccinated travelers are required to take a lateral flow rapid test on days 2, 5 and 10 of their stay. A Rapid Antigen Testing Card will be issued by Customs Border Control upon arrival. This card will be updated by a healthcare provider whenever a test is administered.
Full details of the LFT testing requirements can be found at the following link:
For a list of approved healthcare providers, please visit:
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!
PCR Test Required 72 Hours Before Departure
All travellers aged 12 and older entering the Cayman Islands at the Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
- The negative result must be presented upon airport check-in.
- Securely verified vaccinated travellers aged 12 and over.
- Unvaccinated travellers under the age of 12 not allowed in Phase 4.
- The test must be from an accredited laboratory.
- Learn more about pre-arrival PCR test requirements here.
Health Insurance & The Cayman Islands
All inbound travellers will be required to attest to a statement that confirms that:
- They possess health insurance which includes COVID-19 coverage, or
- They understand the financial risks they are taking and that they have independent means to cover their medical costs.
As prescribed under existing Customs and Border Control legislation, the government reserves the right to require that travellers who cannot show means to support themselves during their visit provide a written guarantee from a sponsor undertaking that they (the sponsor) will be fully responsible for the costs incurred by the visitor during their stay. Read more here.
Pre-Flight COVID-19 Testing for Re-Entry into the USA and Other Countries
It is the guest’s responsibility to know what COVID-19 tests are required to enter your return destination. Be cautious of the timeframe and plan for proof of a negative COVID-19 test result.
The United States
If you're flying to the USA you must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before entering the United States. Tests must be taken no more than 3 days (72 hours) before the international flight departs. All passengers 5 years and older are required to be tested. NAAT and Antigen tests are accepted: Visit the Government of the United States of America website for more information.
Canadian Entry Requirements
All travellers 5 years of age or older must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada. You must take a molecular test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Canada only accepts PCR, NAATs and RT-LAMP molecular test. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
UK Entry Requirements
Before you travel to the the UK, you must book and pay for a COVID-19 test to be taken before the end of day 2 and complete a passenger locator form in 48 hours before you arrive in the United Kingdom. For more information visit the UK Government website.
Arrivals & Transfers
Once travellers arrive at Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM) they are required to wear a face covering in all public spaces. Once you have cleared customs, there are several convenient ways to transfer to our property. We are just a short 15-minute drive away from the airport. There are several transportation options available.
Most major rental companies operate just a short one-minute walk across the street from the arrivals greeting area.
Taxis are immediately available from the arrivals greeting area on a dispatch basis.
Pre-booked buses are available upon prior arrangement with specific transportation companies.
During our check-in process, guests receive exclusive service with a maximum occupancy of one (1) guest in the front desk office at any time. We have taken precautions to maintain social distancing and low-contact protocol to create a seamless and comfortable experience. All you have to do is look forward to beginning your vacation at Aqua Bay Club Condos.
- Only one (1) guest is permitted in the front desk office at any given time.
- Masks are mandatory at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the office.
- All touch points in reception area are frequently sanitized.
Housekeeping & Sanitization
We are meeting and exceeding national guidelines with our housekeeping measures to ensure our accommodations are cleaned and sanitized for your peace of mind. Our dedicated housekeeping team has always taken great pride in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness at Aqua Bay Club.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping during their stay, linen service only or daily housekeeping while the guest is outside of the condo.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-in.
- All housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, and aprons.
- We continue to use COVID-19 approved cleaning products in all rooms.
- All glassware, flatware, and appliances in guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized, including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Towels and linens are washed with hospital-grade detergents at high temperature.
Our Pool and Beach
No trip to Grand Cayman would be complete without lounging poolside or soaking up the Caribbean sun on a brilliant white-sand beach.
- Families and groups travelling together are welcome to arrange loungers close together
Checking out of Aqua Bay Club is seamless and touchless. From our family to yours, we look forward to seeing you next time!
- Room keys are deposited in a secure drop box located outside of the office. They are then thoroughly sanitized prior their next use.
- Room receipts are emailed to guests so that check-out is contactless.
*Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.